Education Financing (EdFin) Learning Community
The EdFin Learning Community aims to bring together individuals, organisations, coalitions, and networks within and beyond the GCE membership with common interests and expertise on a wide range of issues related to education financing. The Learning Community engages its members in periodic discussions, capacity building and advocacy interventions around financial barriers, challenges that public education systems face, and the opportunities that contribute to the advancement of free, inclusive, quality education.
The key education financing thematic topics explored within this community include but are not limited to:
- Investments in education systems from early childhood to adult learning.
- Education budgets, including in times of austerity and debt crises.
- Financial investment in education and humanitarian aid for education in emergencies.
- Tax justice.
- Privatisation and commercialisation of education.
- Accountability for education investments and aid, including debt.
Membership and participation in the EdFin Learning Community is open to individuals and representatives of coalitions, networks and organisations interested in and passionate about promoting better financing of public education systems. As a member of the community, you will have the opportunity to exchange knowledge and skills with practitioners, civil society organisations, GCE members, external stakeholders, and experts from around the world. If your organisation or entity and individuals are interested in joining the EdFin Learning Community, please submit an expression of interest through the button below.