HLPF 2021 Events
The high-level political forum on sustainable development (HLPF) is the core United Nations platform for follow-up and review of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The 2021 HLPF meeting will be held from Tuesday, 6 July, to Thursday, 15 July 2021, under the auspices of the Economic and Social Council. This includes the three-day ministerial meeting of the forum from Tuesday, 13 July, to Thursday, 15 July 2021.
The HLPF will discuss ways to ensure a sustainable and resilient recovery from COVID-19 that puts us on track to realise the 2030 Agenda. This year’s theme is “Sustainable and resilient recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic that promotes the economic, social and environmental dimensions of sustainable development: building an inclusive and effective path for achieving the 2030 Agenda in the context of the decade of action and delivery for sustainable development”.
We are glad to share information, updates, and side events regarding the UN High-Level Political Forum 2021.
Education and Academia Stakeholder Group – HLPF 2021 Side event. “Education: paving the way out of the pandemic and shaping the new normal.”
Date: 6 July 2021
Time: 7:30 a.m. (New York time)
Access and participate in this interactive session: http://bit.ly/EASGHLPFSideEvent
Global Campaign for Education – HLPF 2021 Side event. “The voices of the people: Civil Society Spotlights reports on VNR.”
Date: 8 July 2021
Time: 7:30 a.m. (New York time)
Access and participate in this interactive session: http://bit.ly/GCEHLPF2021SideEvent
Explore GCE’s virtual exhibition HERE.
- HLPF Programme is available HERE.
- HLPF concept note, released by the President of ECOSOC.
- Registration: The 2021 HLPF will be hosted virtually, and no registration will be required. All official sessions of the 2021 HLPF will be available to watch via UN Web TV.
- The President of the General Assembly concerning ECOSOC / HLPF Review dated 15 June 2021 is available HERE.
- Ministerial Declaration: Information on the Ministerial Declaration negotiation and letters from the co-facilitators can be found HERE.
- Education and Academia Stakeholder Group Sectoral Paper: The EASG has submitted its sectoral paper for the High-Level Political Forum and can be found HERE.
Voluntary National Reviews (VNRs)
MGoS CM and UN DESA have organised three VNR webinars (English, Spanish and French). They are available and can be found on the following link as compiled by the VNR task group of MGoS CM:
- Webinar [EN] – A brief overview of the Voluntary National Reviews (VNRs) at the HLPF 2021
- PowerPoint Presentation by UN DESA and the Major Groups and other Stakeholders
- Webinaire [FR]: Un bref aperçu des examens nationaux volontaires (ENV) au FPHN
- Présentation PowerPoint par UNDESA et les Grands groupes et les autres parties prenantes (GGPP
- Seminario [ES] – Examenes Nacionales Voluntarios (EVN)
- Presentación de PowerPoint par UN DESA et los Grupos principales y otras partes interesadas
Other Key Events:
- Stakeholder Perspectives Session: The MGoS Official Session is scheduled to take place on 9 July 2021 from 3 – 5 pm ET (New York time). It is titled: “Vision and priorities of civil society, the private sector, and other major groups and stakeholders: realizing the SDGs during the COVID-19 recovery”. The session will be streaming to watch via UN Web TV.
- The Division for Sustainable Development Goals (DSDG), at the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA/DSDG) and the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR), New York Office, are organizing the 2021 edition of the SDGs Learning, Training & Practice – a series of capacity building and knowledge learning sessions held as a Special Event to the HLPF, featuring speakers and experts from many sectors on crucial topics related to the implementation of the SDGs under review in 2021.
Ten virtual learning sessions will be organized by partners from national governments and stakeholders from different sectors. Sessions will be held from Tuesday 6 July to Monday 12 July 2021 (8:30-10:15 AM or 2:00-3:45 PM, EDT). For more details about the sessions, please, check HERE. Please, REGISTER to the 2021 SDGs Learning, Training, and Practice HERE.
For more information about the 2021 SDGs Learning, Training, and Practice, please, check HERE.
- Report: What is a Good Practice? A framework to analyze the Quality of Stakeholder Engagement in implementation and follow-up of the 2030 Agenda. Read this analytical framework aimed at strengthening the quality of stakeholder engagement in the SDGs implementation. The report is available in English, Spanish, and French. Registration is now open.