EiE Campaign Launch Save the Date
SAVE THE DATE! Protect Education in Emergencies Now! Global Virtual Launch Event
It is with great pleasure that we invite you to the Global Launch of the Protect Education in Emergencies Now! Campaign #ProtectEiENow, led by the Global Campaign for Education (GCE).
#ProtectEiENow Global Virtual Launch Event - 1 March 2022 ⏰ ET 08:00 |CET 14:00 | SAST 15:00 REGISTER: https://bit.ly/ProtectEiENow_Launch
Conflict, climate change, disasters, public health emergencies and the forced displacement of people within and across borders are affecting a growing number of people all over the world. The COVID-19 pandemic has deepened these increasingly complex, intertwined and multi-faceted crises.
Emergencies have a devastating impact on the right to education of millions of people, thereby impacting the progress of the entire Sustainable Development Agenda, specifically SDG 4. A generation of children and young people living in emergencies are deprived not only of their human right to quality education but also of the protection that education provides in these contexts. In emergencies, education may be the only safe
Protect Education in Emergencies Now! is a chance to stand together and call for urgent action for education in emergencies
The #ProtectEiENow Global Virtual Launch will bring together the different constituencies of the movement, as well as key partners and stakeholders, to jointly call on States to take concrete and effective measures to protect, guarantee and realise the right to transformative, inclusive, equitable quality education and lifelong learning opportunities for all in emergencies.
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Stefania Giannini - Assistant Director-General for Education, UNESCO
- Yasmine Sherif – Director, Education Cannot Wait (ECW)
- Refaat Sabbah – President of the Global Campaign for Education (GCE)
- Dennis Sinyolo – Chief Regional Coordinator for Africa, Education International (EI)
- Aseel Saraih – Yemeni Journalist and member of Arab Campaign for Education for All (ACEA)
- Honourable Joyce Moriku Kaducu - Ugandan Minister of State for Education – Primary Education
- Assane Hamza, Deputy Secretary General, Ministry of National Education of Niger
- Ram Gaire, National Coordinator, NCE Nepal
- Abideen Olasupo - Executive Director, Brain Builders Youth Development Initiative and GCE Youth leader
- Madeleine Zúñiga – Vice-President, GCE Board (moderator)
#ProtectEiENow Global Launch - 1 March 2022 ⏰ ET 08:00 |CET 14:00 | SAST 15:00: https://bit.ly/ProtectEiENow_Launch
Please find here a Tweet Sheet with the designed invites and suggested posts for the 10-day countdown to the launch. We encourage you to share it widely in your social media and with all your networks – and of course to join the event!
More information will be coming your way in the next few days. Stay tuned!
Thank you in advance for your support. Together, we can make a difference.