One Billion Voices Photo-Story Competition
Take part in the One Billion Voices Photo-Story Competition and stand a chance to win one of 6 amazing photo cameras with lens and accessories!
Submission deadline: April 8, 2021 – 13.00 GMT.
Time to Speak Up!
It’s a year since schools first closed because of COVID- 19. In that year over 1 billion people’s education has been impacted around the world.
A central ambition of the #OneBillionVoicesForEducation campaign is to collate and elevate the stories of people whose education or that or their families and communities have been affected by COVID- 19. This Photo-Story competition is an opportunity to encourage people from around the world to DOCUMENT and SPEAK UP about the impact of COVID- 19 on education.
Are you one of the BILLION people whose education was affected by COVID- 19? Was your child’s education impacted ? Your nieces and nephew’s, your friends’, your grand-children’s, your neighbor’s, your students’? How did your community cope and organize?
TIME TO SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE!
Submit your photo-story, see it featured in the campaign and contribute to building a powerful unified voice to call for change!
How to Enter the Competition
This competition is free and open to all! Participants can enter multiple photo-stories in one or several of 6 categories:
First, find the right category for you:
- Asia Pacific
- Europe and North America
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Middle East
- Photo gallery
What to Submit
Under categories 1 to 5 participants must submit:
- A single image taken in 2020 or 2021
- A caption [Who, Where, When, What]
- Copyright information
- A short paragraph presenting the story (max 200 words)
- A consent form (if the subject of the image is a minor)
Under the “Photo gallery” category (no.6) participants must submit:
- A one-page text or interview presenting the story told in the photographs
- A photo story composed of 8 images
- A caption for each picture [Who, Where, When, What]
- Copyright information
- A consent form for each image (if the subject of the image is a minor)
Judging, Winners’ announcement and Prizes
The Jury, composed of GCE Board members will select one winner per category. The prize for each winner is a D7500 20.9MP DSLR Digital Camera with 18-140mm VR Lens – and Essential Accessories Bundle worth USD 1,200.
REMEMBER! The jury will be looking for the following criteria:
- The story presents an event or issue relevant to the theme i.e. the impact of COVID- 19 on education.
- Visual creativity and Skills.
- Inclusivity and non-discrimination.
Winner will be announcement on April 26, 2021 as part of the One Billion Voices Global Action Week for Education!
Read the One Billion Voices Photo-Story Competition Rules here.
TO YOUR PENS, NOTEBOOKS AND CAMERAS! GOOD LUCK!