Work With Us
Communication and Campaign Support Consultancy
To provide support to ANCEFA’s external and internal communications to further the presence and effectiveness of the work of the ANCEFA and its
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Download the ToR in Portuguese
Download the ToR in French
COMMUNICATION AND CAMPAIGN SUPPORT CONSULTANCY
Location: Based in ANCEFA Regional Office located in Dakar.
Reporting to: Programme Manager
Purpose: To provide support to ANCEFA’s external and internal communications to further the presence and effectiveness of the work of the ANCEFA and its members.
Type of Role: This position is being offered on a consultancy basis, part-time.
- Planning, organising and managing overall communication strategies for ANCEFA publicly, for its membership and partners, in relation to its programs.
- Conduct research to support communication initiatives, including industry trends, media outlets, and potential stakeholders.
- Overseeing internal and external communications, in close relation to relevant ANCEFA staff and board members and relevant Board Sub-Committee.
- Managing production of all ANCEFA official publications, including publications produced by and for all the programs.
- Overseeing ANCEFA’s digital communications, including the content, development and continuous update of the website, social media, press releases and newsletters.
- Overseeing production of ANCEFA’s film/video communications and advocacy materials. Supporting the communication goals of ANCEFA regarding global, regional and national advocacy, and including the management of all forms of campaigning strategies (direct actions and social media).
- Managing ANCEFA events both virtual and presential, and as well as hybrid
- Managing the mobilization of all forms of media, both locally and internationally, for all ANCEFA events
- Supporting the dissemination of the work of ANCEFA and its members, in particular the learning and outcomes from advocacy and campaigns initiatives
- Support the translation and interpretation function of ANCEFA. This includes translation of internal documents such as emails, letters, speeches and coordination of approved translators and interpreters.
- Managing ANCEFA’s membership and partner data, to ensure effective communications with all stakeholders.
- Taking responsibility for ANCEFA’s publications archive to ensure institutional memory Coordinating press activities including media releases, media events and outreach.
- Managing the ANCEFA brand and sub-brands
- Ensuring ANCEFA is communicating effective in each of its three official languages. Contribute to fundraising and proposal development.
- Provide administrative support, such as managing communication department's files and databases.
ANCEFA is seeking a post-holder who would be able to immediately take up the outlined responsibilities, and deliver objectives on a tight timeline:
- Graduate qualification in the relevant subjects such as journalism and mass communications
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and competency in French as one of ANCEFA’s other official languages. Knowledge of Portuguese will be an added advantage.
- Highly organised, flexible, independent, culturally sensitive and detail-oriented with ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated experience/good knowledge of social media usage. This role involves writing compelling articles and blogs on what are often complex themes. The ability to express complicate ideas in an accessible, easy-to-access way (for social media posts as well as longer written texts), and extract key points from other communications sources (members’ updates, online news etc.) is essential.
- Demonstrated experience working with or a clear understanding of the dynamics involved in civil society networks and coalitions, or of the not-for-profit sector.
- Demonstrated experience of working in a multilingual organisation Good knowledge of MS Office.
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities
ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Interested persons should send signed letters of application in English or French accompanied by CVs and copies of relevant graduate and post graduate certificates via email ONLY, by
17.30 GMT 17th April 2023, to the following address:
The Regional Coordinator
ANCEFA Regional Secretariat,