GCE HLPF 2022 Side Event
GCE HLPF 2022 Side Event
The Human Right to Education: A Sustainable Development Force.
Date: 14 July 2022
Time: 8 am NYT
Languages: English, Spanish, Arabic & French
GCE invites to an HLPF 2022 Side Event themed, The Human Right to Education: A Sustainable Development Force. The event seeks to identify challenges around achieving quality inclusive education and lifelong learning for all. It will also facilitate a discussion on lessons and recommendations that policymakers, legislators, and governments in the education sector should implement to respond effectively to refinancing education post-COVID-19 and emergency contexts.
Your participation will contribute to identifying high-level education interventions that inform policy and planning efforts, including establishing innovative ways for resource mobilisation required to improve education financing.
- Welcome and Opening Remarks, Refat Sabbah, GCE President, 5 mins.
- Right to Education: The Sustainable Development Force, Leonardo Garnier, UNSG Special Representative to the Transforming Education Summit, 10 mins.
- Equality and Non-discrimination: How to Ensure Education is Inclusive and Safe for All Learners, Antara Ganguli, Head of UNGEI Secretariat, 10 mins.
- The Transformative Power of Education: Education is at the Centre of all SDGs, Producing Change Agents of Society to Promote Sustainable Development, Justice and Equality, Noel Aguirre, Former Deputy Education Minister of Bolivia, 10 mins.
- Education in States Experiencing Conflict: How to Strengthen and Transform education systems to be resilient against crises, Diya Nijhowne, Executive Director of Global Coalition to Protect Education from Attack, 10 mins.
- Tax Justice for Education financing: Quality Education Requires More Financing by Identifying Methods of Resource Mobilisation - Domestic Tax Justice, COVID 19 Fiscal Stimulus Recovery Plan, the Role of International Aid in Education. Yandura Chipeta, Action Aid, 10 mins.
- Digital Learning for Education Continuity: Challenges and Opportunities for Digital Learning, Eunice Lynda Nakaibale, Member UNESCO SDG4 Youth Network, 10 mins.
- Discussant: Guadalupe Diaz, CLADE, 5 mins.
- Open discussion, 30 mins.
Conveners: Global Campaign for Education (GCE), Africa Network Campaign for Education or All (ANCEFA), Asia South Pacific Association for Basic and Adult Education (ASPBAE), Campaña Latinoamericana por el Derecho a la educación (CLADE), Arab Campaign for Education for All (ACEA), European and North American Campaign for Education (ENACE).
Register here: https://bit.ly/GCEHLPF2022SideEvent