- July 1, 2021
- Posted by: philani
- Category: News
Call for Proposals, GCE Youth & Student COVID Response Small Grant
The Global Campaign for Education (GCE) works directly with youth and students to ensure that more deliberate and authentic opportunities for them are created, in particular, to lead the agenda and solutions for COVID-19 recovery responses within their contexts and the movement broadly. Therefore, in partnership with the Action Aid International, GCE is excited to invite calls for proposals to access Youth & Student-Led COVID19 Recovery Responses funds.
Activities that will be funded under the small grant scheme include:
- Youth/Student Action led research which focuses on the impacts of and responses to COVID 19 led by youth & students in your context (local, national, and or regional)
- Youth/Student-led COVID-19 recovery response activities related to education and intersecting struggles such as lack of access, violence, and exclusion. These activities may include:
- Advocacy & lobbying activities related to youth/student voices in national, regional, and global COVID 19 recovery response plans
- Youth/Student-led activism that forward and promote policy influencing
- Cross-regional youth/student engagement strengthens voice and leadership of youth and students in leading on COVID 19 recovery responses in their contexts
GCE believes in the power of youth and student knowledge creation as a valid tool for reform and decolonising knowledge and education. This is why Youth/Student Citizen Journalism is an element that has been built into the grant scheme to ensure that youth and students are documenting project activities, learnings, and youth/student-led responses to contextual realities. Training and capacity support will be made available to all grantee partners to ensure documentation, knowledge creation, and learning is centered within the impact of the grant scheme. The grant scheme will support up to 20 youth and student organisations /networks/consortiums across the GCE movement.
- Call for proposals.
- Application review.
- Selection outcomes communicated.
- Introduction and planning call scheduled.
The application window is open from 1 July 2021 to 26 July 2021 at 1 pm SAST. GCE will endeavour to process all applications and provide selection outcomes of application within two weeks of the closing date.
All activities applied for under this grant need to be implemented between 1 September 2021 to February 2022 with final reports on activities undertaken submitted by March 1 2022.
Download the full call for proposals in your preferred language:
Access the application form in your preferred language:
We encourage all of our members to share this opportunity as far and as widely across our networks as possible to ensure that we reach youth and student organising where it counts!