- October 23, 2020
- Posted by: Sinaye Sonjica
- Category: News, webinars
Privatisation and Education Financing workshop
27-28 October 202, 12:00- 14:00 GMT.
Languages: English with French, Portuguese and Spanish interpretation.
Please register HERE.
The Global Campaign for Education (GCE) and ActionAid in collaboration with the Privatisation in Education and Human Rights Consortium (PEHRC) will be conducting a workshop focusing on Privatisation and education financing.
The main objective of the workshop is to provide participants with an opportunity to develop a common understanding of:
- The Right to Education as defined in different treaties and conventions.
- Privatisation of education and the key actors involved.
- The impact of privatisation in the education sector and the implications this has for fulfilling the right to education.
- The links between financing of education, tax justice, domestic resource mobilisation and privatisation.
- Trends and factors contributing to privatisation of education.
The workshop will also provide participants with an opportunity to:
- Share and exchange knowledge and good practice
- Agree on advocacy events/ moments and opportunities.
Kindly access the agenda outline HERE.
The workshop will be held in English via Zoom with French, Portuguese and Spanish interpretation. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing the link to join the webinar, use the same link for both days.