- September 4, 2020
- Posted by: Sinaye Sonjica
- Category: News, webinars
GCE Webinar: EDUCATION NOT DEBT!
Can debt relief and cancellation help tackle the global education financing crisis? Opportunities, challenges and potential roles for civil society.
Wednesday, 9th September 2020, 03:00-4:30 pm GMT+2
We invite you to join this webinar organised by GCE to explore whether and how debt relief or cancellation can effectively contribute to tackling the global education financing crisis and achieving SDG4 by 2030. We hope that the webinar will give an opportunity to GCE members around the world to engage with debt relief problematics and the way they relate to the financing of free quality public education at both global and national levels.
The webinar consists of a panel of specialists in the field of education financing and debt relief:
- Madeleine Zúñiga, Vice-President of the Global Campaign for Education (facilitator)
- David Archer, Head of Civic Participation, Tax Justice and Public Services at Action Aid
- Marcela Browne from Fundación SES
- Sarah-Jayne Clifton, Director of the Jubilee Debt Campaign
- Imad Sabi, Senior Program Officer – Education Support Program at the Open Society Foundation.