- July 7, 2020
- Posted by: philani
- Category: News, webinars
GCE 2020 GEM Report Webinar: Inclusion and Education: #AllMeansAll
Friday 10 July 2020, 4-6 p.m. (GMT+2)
Languages: English, French and Spanish
Please register HERE.
GCE is hosting a webinar this Friday the 10th at 4 pm Johannesburg time. The webinar will discuss the 2020 GEM Report and identify barriers and challenges faced by States in general and education systems in particular, around inclusion and non-discrimination.
The webinar will be led by Refat Sabbah, President of GCE and feature the following panelist, H.E. Epsy Campbell Barr, Vice-president of the Republic of Costa Rica, setting the scene: discrimination in education and public policies, Mr. Manos Antoninis, Director of the GEM, presentation on the 2020 GEM Report, presentation by Dr Koumba Boly Barry, UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Education and key comments from Ms. Nafisa Baboo, Director of Education of LFTW and GCE Board Member.
The presentations will be followed by a question and answer session and a more general conversation about the 2020 GEM Report.
Webinar program outline
- Welcome and introductions: Refat Sabbah, President of GCE.
- Setting the scene: discrimination in education and public policies: E. Epsy Campbell Barr, Vice-president of the Republic of Costa Rica.
- Two Q&A from Mr. Sabbah to Ms. Campbell.
- Presentation of the 2020 GEM Report: Mr. Manos Antoninis, Director of the GEM.
- Presentation by Koumba Boly Barry, UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Education.
- Comments from Nafisa Baboo, Director of Education of LFTW and GCE Board Member.
- Closing remarks: Refat Sabbah.
Remember to register HERE.