- September 23, 2019
- Posted by: philani
- Category: Education Financing, Resources
The Global Campaign for Education (GCE) has expressed a number of concerns about the International Finance Facility for Education (IFFEd) (see Global Campaign for Education response to IFFEd). These have not been clearly addressed and so, on the eve of the UN General Assembly we are re-asserting four core concerns about IFFEd which we believe still need to be addressed:
- Concerns about rising debt and debt vulnerability of LMICs.
- Concerns about fragmentation of international education financing in different mechanisms.
- Concerns about empowering the banks and placing too much influence in one institution.
- Concerns about the distraction of efforts from domestic resource mobilisation.
Read the full statement here.